Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sunny Days






















Our mornings are pretty low-key around here. Cailyn's favorite activity of late is to sit in the boppy and play with toys on the floor, especially calling her friends on our play phone. Rowan's often occupying the exersaucer, gives the head a chance to not be laying flat and him to test out his reaching and spinning skills. Besides being eye level with the walking ones is always a perk. This position does bring out the best in his drooling, so we busted out some of Josh's old bibs to help keep him dry. Penny insisted Cailyn wanted one too, all the cool kids have one. You have to love the moments where side by side puzzles are keeping everyone entertained, that is till Penny insists on helping Cailyn finish hers, and Cailyn prefers all of the pieces out. Rowan was feeling a little clingy today, so he got a ride in the baby bjorn pack so that I could have my hands free. Free, it seems, to hold other babies who wanted to be clingy with him. What's the motto of this blog? Always room for more? This gives it new meaning.



































I drafted this post late at night and lost track of what I was doing, so it includes both Thursday and Friday in one entry, hope you enjoy the extra long post.

Friday, January 18th, 2008

Good Morning Everybody! Let's start things off with a little floor time. Rowan, you buddy get a strong dose of tummy time, mommy's orders. Besides I think there is at least one spot of the boppy you haven't slobbered on Cailyn, I dunno, I sorted of lost you when Dora exploded on my floor. You were on the Dora blanket, somewhere by the Dora pillows, or under that Dora doll. Eventually you'll start crying and then I can find you. Actually Cailyn couldn't stop laughing, she just kept rolling around in the sea of Dora that had become my family room. Below you'll find a bunch of pictures of the new guy on the block. First, I got out the camera because Joshua and Rowan were laughing at each other so hard, it was absolutely adorable. I, of course, missed it, and I snapped two seconds too late and caught Josh patting Rowan on the head. I sternly and kindly reminded Josh, "gentle, Joshman, gentle." At which point he leaned over and planted a big wet kiss on his forehead. I had the camera still in hand so I caught him in the act. Hopefully Kristina doesn't mind, it was on top of his head, sort of, and super sweet. . . and gentle. I think Dora fuchsia totally compliments Rowan's outfit, don't you? Sorry they aren't many pictures of you Cailyn, but when you are only awake for 3 hours your whole day here, it is difficult to photograph you!





















No comments: