Friday, January 25, 2008

Holy Poo!






















The early morning club was up and at it and in a good mood this morning. Cailyn was sporting her own Dora shirt, and loving it. Rowan had a good feeding with his mommy before she left, even threw in a surprise poo for her. So into the exersaucer he went and the early morning club had the family room all to themselves. It was just about then that I was playing with Cailyn and decided that Rowan wanted to play with us and got him out for some belly time and socialization.
















I took a few cute pictures of the three of them, and then let the two little ones head off to bed for a nap. Rowan was only up there for an hour when it was obvious he was quite angry, I tried to calm him but eventually picked him up and realized he was well, sort of wet, I hoped it was sweat, I hadn't even gotten a cute picture of his outfit yet. At first I began to change his diaper and he looked fine, diaper from the outside didn't even look poopy, then I really lifted him to move his overalls up and saw his first shrt looked a touch soiled, then the onesie, oh my. Yeah so like 1/3 of it was in the top of the diaper, and the rest was squarely deposited on his back. I have two kids, whom I cloth diapered, and I thought this was gross, it was picture worthy, and the picture only looks about 1/3 as bad as it actually was.
















Needless to say I tried my hardest to peel that onesie off without smearing his own filth on him, but was not successful. So Rowan was sorely in need of a little sponge bath action. This is right about when momma called to check on him. Actually a lot of people called in the middle of Rowan's "I'm covered in poo" meltdown. You can see above his ever so pathetic"red eyes of fury" this kid doesn't jsut get angry eyebrows, his eyelids get red an d puffy, like you slathered him in something he is allergic too. I swear the first time he did it, I got a wee concerned he was having a reaction, which is exactly what he wants you to think so you'll cuddle all over him. He half enjoyed his bath, but enjoyed getting wrapped in a towel much better. As you can see below, there's nothing a bottle can't fix. . . burp, all better.





































Cailyn was kind enough to sleep until Rowan was washed and fed and happy again. Lucky for her he soon became exhausted by his drama and conked out, so she had us all to herself. Namely her matching cohort in crime, Penny. They just love hanging out together, well Cailyn really loves it, Penny thinks it is pretty cool. After some awesome Cailyn time I began to wonder about Rowan, who was still sleeping. I went upstairs to find him in his favorite position, which I have documented for you below, face firmly smashed into the side of the bassinet. You know in the way that makes you wonder if he is getting adequate air circulation. Rowan's sleep-a-thon some how sucked all napping vibes out of the house, and Cailyn decided to just stay up till her mommy came to collect her. Who wouldn't Rowan and Josh were gone, Penny was busy at the table, she had the whole family room to herself, sweet free range of the toy basket!


No comments: