Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Essential Building Blocks






















Cailyn was really working on the building blocks today, so to speak: eat, sleep, play. We were all having breakfast and then Penny piped up, "Mommy, listen! Cailyn's quiet! I think she's sleeping!" Sure enough she had conked out mid-play on the playgym. Cailyn's a great kid though, just scoop her up, wrap her up, and put her down for her nap. All without any protests, my kids have never transferred . . . ever. After a good morning nap we got out the stacking and nesting blocks. Cailyn was fascinated by putting them inside each other and pulling them apart. Josh did his best to knock down any tower I built for her, which she thought was quite funny. I wish I had gotten these blocks when Penny was this age, and Josh too. Better late then never, and all the more for Cailyn and Rowan to play with!

No comments: