Wednesday, January 9, 2008

But It Looks So Fun






















Josh is obsessed, obsessed with Cailyn's pacifier. It looks so fun. So why as a good homecare provider do I have pictures, that I took, documenting my son doing bad and un-hygenic things. Well because it is all part of a very funny story. Josh is sort of learning about sharing and the like from interactions with Penny. He wants that pacifier. It is usually attached to a pacifier leash, so my compromise is to give him the leash, takes away the whole forbidden lure of it all. So after negotiating such a "sharing" event, I walk into the library to see what Penny is clamoring about. 90 seconds later, I hear Cailyn let out a torrent of hysteria. I know Josh has taken her pacifier, again. What I didn't expect was to come in and find Cailyn, screaming, with the sodden pacifier leash planted firmly in the middle of her chest as in "Penny if you want Josh's toy, you have to give him one in return, you have to trade." Josh sat a foot a way with the pacifier clutched in his hands with an incredulous look, as if to say, "What?!? I traded her!" I actually was so amused and Cailyn had calmed, that as I went to clean her pacifier, I grabbed the camera to take one of her with the poor pacifier-less leash on her chest. I started to take her picture, this is when Josh emerged from a determined trip to the dining room with Cailyn's back-up pacifier, from her diaper bag. "See mom, I found one for me, now we're sharing!" Fine, at least for one picture, then you are so in trouble, and now the whole internet knows too. You can see his grasp of the use of a pacifier is, well, limited.

No comments: