
We started our day with an old fashioned pajama party. Penny sporting the new Dora pjs grandma sent (thank you grandma!) and Avery some adorable cherry pjs that made me think of an outfit of Penny's from when she was little and got me all nostalgic.

Josh, not wanting to be left out, woke up, and promptly demanded to join the pajama party in his surfer dog pjs. We love to start our day with Avery in her car seat for awhile, it gives a chance for the kids to both say hello to her without mauling her, well not mauling her too much.

I know I am cute, the end.

So how does one get three kids across the street in one trip with diaper bags? You use some creative engineering of a double jogging stroller. Penny thoroughly enjoyed the "big girl seat." there's just enough room to plop her butt between the babies and she can straddle the wheel with her feet, it makes steering difficult with the load, but it does the job.

Avery, having only ridden in a stroller in her infant seat, was not convinced that this was safe or functional.

Okay seriously we almost left them in there because the two of them were just too cute.

Josh says "I'm tired, peace out playgroup." So back into the stroller they both went for a short lap around the block to calm them both down, and then tuck Josh into bed and bring his monitor across the street. Two hips, two kids, I'm not sure what I do with a third, backpack? Smiley shirt stickers courtesy of Penny.

This photo was taken just moments after Avery's first roll! Sorry mom and dad and grandparents, I didn't get it on film! I am SO sorry! I just didn't think she would do it at all, so I didn't have it ready, and flip! From belly to back! Congratulations Avery!!!

After another nap, Avery decided it was about time she changed into the outfit of the day, a onesie fit for a princess. We won't tell daddy about the part where Avery was sans clothes and diaper and Josh decided to come check Avery out. That is so way past what is allowed on a first date, or third, or tenth.

"I'm the princess. We'll do things MY WAY."
No comments:
Post a Comment