Thursday, March 20, 2008

Adventures in the Hood
















So remember that post a few posts down called Josh's Revenge, well, there's a reason it says that, because, see Josh took it upon himself to infect everybody, including our pal Cailyn. Penny and Cailyn got sick right about the same time, and both of them vomited once as well, or as Penny called it, she "bleh'd" as in "I went bleh in the tub and then I had to get in the shower to get the blehs off of me." Lovely. Cailyn wasn't much better off, oh wait she was worse, she decided to throw an ear infection in too. So she took tuesday and wednesday off, and then well, with only one more day left in the work week, talked her parents into thursday too so they could just start spring break early. So Rowan had us, and our quilts, and some headgear, all to himself.











































I took it upon myself to decide that I had three babies awake, and it was far too sunny to sit inside. So we did what any insane person would and mounted up for a stroller walk with three kids. That alone was a daunting task. Penny couldn't decide if she wanted to ride or push, but eventually settled on riding shotgun over the center wheel (a recommendation from a mother of three in the Babies R Us when we were trying to pick out a double stroller). As long as you have the tires pumped up it works really well, and I was all geared up for a nice long walk. I forgot to factor in that sunny does not always = warm. It was freezing and the wind was whipping us pretty harshly, so I called Betsy to whine and to invite her to open her front door and laugh at us as we strolled by in a loop back to the house. She being nice and all, invited us to come in. Rowan was awesome, he didn't cry or get scared, he just had the face of "sweet new toys!"















Rowan and Avery were hysterical on the floor, there was hand holding and long gazes, Josh better watch out. Avery, ever the gracious hostess, was also very nice to offer Rowan a chunky dinosaur puzzle piece, they are quite delicious.



Then Avery showed off her latest work in progress for us, look she's walking! GO AVERY!!


























Well, lunch hour was over and we had tired and hungry babies everywhere, so we saddled up and headed home, you know the whole 15 houses or so back down the street. Penny walked this time, and the boys. . .well they looked surly. When we got home Josh was desperate for a nap, so I ran Rowan inside to the quilts and took Josh up for a nap. When I came down to get his bottle started he was lost in his hat, not mention his hands were buried in the sleeves of the coat of Josh's he was wearing. I asked Penny to take off his hat (a favorite activity from when Josh was a little baby), because she really likes to help the babies when they are upset. She, the ever over achiever, whipped of his hat, then the oversized leather Josh slippers, and much to Rowan's horror, rolled him over, unzipped and took off his jacket, then rolled him back over. I was not fast enough with the camera while heating up the bottle, but arrived just after she flipped him back to catch this look on Rowan's face, "Um, are you sure she is certified to be doing that to me?" He was just bewildered that Penny had freed him, thankful, but confused.

No comments: