Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's Just The Middle That Was Bad

We started the day off quite lovely. Then that first nap was only 25 minutes, and well since they were all up, both Josh and Avery early from naps, I daringly made a dash down the street with all three of them to our friend Grace's 2nd birthday party.
Five. . .Four. . .Three. . .Two. . .One. . .that's how long Avery lasted after this picture with Erin and little Emily. Avery proved again, I may not be her mommy, but I ain't "those people" she freaks out over, namely my mom and all our playgroup mommies. I take it as quite a compliment. . .a loud ear piercing compliment but one all the same. Hopefully playgroup next will go better, with fully rested happy babies and all.

I'll have you know Avery was a delight the rest of the day, I even had visitors whom she chatted with quite incessantly. . .I just didn't let them hold her. Like I said it was just that middle part that was not so terribly pleasant, sometimes there are downsides to being Avery's favorite non-mommy and daddy person, but I'll take it for all the awesome smiles and deep talks we have together!

No comments: